First settled by the "Stevens" family in early 1800s, it was known in 1843 as "Sheldon’s Corners". This village once boasted a general store, cheese factory, blacksmith shop and church. The second last cheese factory in Leeds County was located here and continued to produce until the early 1980s. Located in the vicinity of Plum Hollow are a number of Heritage Homes, including the Newsome House and the Hart House. Plum Hollow is now best known far and wide for its legend of the "Witch of Plum Hollow"